Pork 'n Kraut Skillet
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops, 1-1/2-inch thick
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 16-oz. can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs dried minced onion
- 2 tsp caraway seed
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 large tart apple, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- In large skillet, brown chops in hot oil for 3-5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir together sauerkraut, onion, caraway, thyme, apple, and water. Add to skillet; cover and cook 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender and meat is cooked.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 75 (36%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.