Pork Chops with Pesto Stuffing
- 4 pork rib chops, cut 1-1/4 inches thick
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3-4 slices white bread, lightly toasted and torn into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a sharp knife cut opening in the rib side of each chop. Insert knife in each opening and cut a pocket without cutting through to other side of chop. Set chops aside.
- Place basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic in blender container or food processor bowl. Blend or process about 30 seconds or until finely chopped. With blender or food processor running, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Transfer mixture to a small bowl; stir in bread pieces. Sprinkle water over bread mixture, tossing lightly to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture into each chop. In a large skillet, brown chops on each side in the remaining hot oil. Place chops in a large baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 183 (56%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.