Chili Lime Crab Cakes with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
Ranch dressing and chili garlic paste bring a bit of zip to these crab cakes.
- 1 lb. backfin crab meat
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 2 tsp. Oriental chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbs cilantro
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Sauce:1 medium avocado, roughly mashed
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare Sauce:Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Chill.
- Prepare Cakes:In a large mixing bowl, gently combine crab meat, crackers, egg, ranch dressing, garlic paste, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Form into 4-6 crab cakes.
- Sauté in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with dollops of avocado mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 330 (49%)
(58%)Total Fat 38g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.