Pear and Brie Quesadillas
A small amount of flavorful Brie cheese goes a long way in these unusual and elegant Mexican inspired appetizers.
- 4 flour tortillas, 10-inches (25cm) in diameter
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, at the peak of ripeness
- 4 oz Brie cheese*
- 1/4 cup or more fresh salsa, red or green salsa can be used
- Place the 4 tortillas on a flat working surface.
- Slice and core the pears into thin pieces (about 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick).
- Slice Brie into 12 or more very thin slices.
- To assemble quesadillas, place pear slices and cheese on each tortilla, leaving one side of the tortilla empty for folding over. Fold the tortilla to form a semi-circle, with the pear and cheese on the inside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet. Place a folded tortilla in the pan and heat just until the cheese starts to melt. Gently turn the quesadilla over and continue heating until the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Remove to a platter and repeat with each of the 4 tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla in half and drizzle about 1 Tbsp (15g) of salsa over the top. Serve with napkins or a plate and fork, as it can get quite messy!
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 46 (35%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.