Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
What makes the combination of peanut butter and bananas even better? Adding chocolate, of course.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ½ cup fat-free half and half
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine bananas, yogurt, milk, peanut butter, egg, oil, and vanilla. Pulse until it is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill until ¾ full. Bake on middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Calories from Fat 81 (38%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.