Peachtree Pork Salad
Fresh peaches enhance the sweetness of the pork tenderloin in this summertime salad.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 jar (10 ounce) peach preserves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 package (10 ounce) mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) peach slices OR 1 can (16 ounce) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, slightly thawed
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a small bowl, blend preserves, vinegar and mustard.
- Cut pork tenderloin in half lengthwise, cutting to but not through bottom; open and flatten. Brush both sides of pork tenderloin with 1/3 cup preserve mixture. Place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes. Turn; brush with additional 2 tablespoons preserve mixture. Broil additional 7 minutes.
- Arrange greens on four plates. Cut pork tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place pork tenderloin, peach slices, raspberries, onion rings and alfalfa sprouts on greens. Drizzle with remaining preserve mixture.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 43 (11%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 62g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.