Parchment Roasted Salmon
Roasting salmon in parchment paper helps this tasty fish maintain moisture and flavor.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz (1 1/2 cups) leeks, cut into 1 1/2-inch long matchsticks
- 4 oz celery root, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch long matchsticks
- 4 oz (1 1/4 cups) carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch long matchsticks
- 1 cup olives, wedged
- 2 Tbs chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp whole mustard seed, crushed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp chopped lemon zest
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add leeks, celery root and carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Mix in olives, dill and mustard seed. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, butter, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut 4 pieces of parchment into 16-inch squares. Fold in half diagonally to create a triangle, then reopen. For each packet, place 3/4 cup (3 ounces) of vegetable mixture on one half of the paper directly next to the diagonal line. Top with a salmon fillet and brush with lemon butter. Fold remaining half of parchment over the salmon. Crimp and fold edges inward to fully enclose, rounding as you go to create a half moon shape.
- Place enclosed parchment packages on a baking sheet and roast in a 450 degree oven for 9-11 minutes or until bag is lightly browned and full of air. Remove from oven and slice bags open just before serving.
Calories from Fat 182 (48%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.