Pan Fried Snapper Light Style
Down home cooking, lightened up!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/4 lbs red snapper, (or any white fish fillet)
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Place cornmeal and milk separately into 2 other small dishes.
- Dip each snapper piece into the milk, the flour, the milk again, and finally the cornmeal.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray. Place 1 Tbsp oil (15mL) in skillet and heat untill very hot. Lay 2 snapper pieces in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until the crust is light brown.
- Remove fish and place on a platter, continue to cook remaining fillets, adding 1 Tbsp (15mL) more oil if needed to prevent sticking. Garnish with lemon slices.
Calories from Fat 86 (26%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.