Orange Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bowl
This orange juice sweetened chicken dish is a tasty way to bring healthy eating to your table.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ lb skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ each yellow and red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 7 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 ½ Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil; add in chicken and stir fry until lightly browned; remove and set aside. In same skillet, heat remaining oil; stir fry vegetables and ginger 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine chicken broth, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in bowl and stir until smooth. Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.
- Spoon over or toss with warm rice.
Calories from Fat 55 (22%)
(10%)Total Fat 6g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.