Olive Tapenade, Goat Cheese, and Baby Spinach Sandwich
Olives no longer need to be a side dish. With this quick recipe it becomes the heart of the sandwich.
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 2 Tbs capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 4 lengths French baguette, cut 4 inches long, then halved for sandwiches
- In a food processor, combine olives, capers, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice; pulse until smooth.
- Spread tapenade on a French crusty loaf and top with goat cheese and baby spinach.
- Olive Tapenade should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and can last up to one month.
Calories from Fat 160 (45%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.