Olive Salmon Scramble
Teleme cheese (which is similar to Brie) plus sautéed salmon helps transform simple scrambled eggs into an elegant and delicious meal.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3/4 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 oz shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup olives, whole, drained
- 2 oz arugula, stems removed
- 2 oz Teleme cheese, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, season with remaining salt and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and cooked through. Place cooked salmon on a clean plate and set aside. Heat remaining oil in a clean sauté pan over high heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in eggs and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to form curds, until just set. Turn heat to medium-low and fold in olives, Teleme cheese, arugula and salmon. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 246 (59%)
(42%)Total Fat 27g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.