Olive and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Feta cheese and pita bread gives these quesadillas a Middle Eastern twist.
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs oregano leaves, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped olives
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, fresh, chopped
- 12 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- Greek Salsa1/2 cup mint, fresh, minced
- 3 cups plum tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix feta cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, oregano and garlic. Stir in olives and spinach. Spread 2 rounded Tbsp. cheese mixture on inside of each pita bread pocket.
- Place quesadillas on large baking sheet. Bake at 450°F (conventional oven) 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and quesadilla is toasted. Cut each half into thirds. Serve with Greek Salsa.
- Greek SalsaCombine all ingredients.
Calories from Fat 85 (42%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.