Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad with Tuna
A favorite for picnics, this salad is a wonderful combination of tastes and textures. Serve as an entree or as a side dish.
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cubed (optional)
- 6 1/2 oz tuna in water, canned, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, gently mix macaroni, celery, red pepper, red onion, cucumber and tuna (if used) together.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to macaroni mixture and toss together.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Calories from Fat 99 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(18%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.