Noodle-Crusted Denver Quiche
A baked noodle crust forms the foundation of this ham-and-pepper quiche.
- 2 cups fine egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- Heat oven to 375°F. Press noodles evenly on bottom and sides of greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat water in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until water has evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3–4 minutes. Add ham; mix well. Spoon into noodle crust.
- Beat eggs, milk, and mustard in medium bowl until blended. Carefully pour over ham mixture.
- Bake in center of 375°F oven until center is puffed and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30–40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 80 (37%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.