New South Stir-Fry
Okra and hot pepper sauce give this pork tenderloin stir-fry a distinct southern flavor.
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 package (8 ounce) frozen baby cob corn, thawed, drained
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen sliced okra, cooked and drained
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh celery heart leaves
- 1-2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In small bowl, combine thyme, salt and pepper; blend well. Set aside. Cut pork tenderloin lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into 1/4-inch slices. Sprinkle pork slices with seasoning mixture. Heat in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork slices and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is tender. Add onion, red pepper and corn; stir-fry for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in okra, parsley, celery leaves and hot pepper sauce; cook just until mixture is hot, stirring frequently. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 74 (20%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.