Mushrooms and Pasta in Garlic Parmesan Sauce
With the help of your microwave, you'll have this savory, Italian-inspired dinner ready in no time flat.
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbs garlic, minced
- 8 oz (cut in 1 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch strips) cooked ham, low sodium
- 2 cups (cut in 1 inch by 1/4 inch pieces) zucchini
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 can (13 3/4) ounces chicken broth
- 2 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz rotini (corkscrew) pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and put in a large serving bowl. Place garlic and butter in a 12"x 8"x2" microwaveable baking pan. Microwave on high until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir mushrooms into butter, microwave uncovered on high until mushrooms are nearly tender, about 8 minutes, stirring once. In a cup combine chicken broth, cornstarch, salt and black pepper until smooth; stir into mushrooms. Microwave uncovered on high until hot, about 8 minutes, stirring once. Add zucchini, ham and cherry tomatoes; microwave uncovered on high until mixture thickens and boils, about 9 minutes, stirring twice. Stir in Parmesan cheese; pour over reserved pasta; toss gently. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories from Fat 114 (23%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(32%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 67g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.