Mushroom Breakfast Bruschetta
Try something out of the ordinary and serve crunchy, melty bruschetta for breakfast!
- 8 (5-inch long 1/2-inch) diagonally cut Italian bread slices
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-brown sausage links, thawed
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (from a 6-ounce package), cut in 1/2-inch wide strips
- Preheat broiler.
- On a broiler rack place bread slices; broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until brown, about 1 minute per side; place on a shallow pan; set aside.
- Cut sausage in 1/2-inch thick slices. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook sausages until golden, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and green onions; cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture evenly over toasted bread; top with cheese, trimming strips to fit. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve with scrambled eggs, if desired.
Calories from Fat 161 (41%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(36%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.