Moroccan-Seasoned Chops with Fruited Couscous
Light and fruity, this high-fiber recipe offers a flavorful dose of health benefits in only 15 minutes.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne, (ground red pepper)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 10 oz box couscous
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- cooking oil spray
- In small bowl combine cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne; rub mixture onto both sides of pork chops. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook chops, turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to label directions, adding raisins, apricots and pine nuts to cooking water. Serve chops on top of couscous.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with sautéed broccoli for a complete meal.
Calories from Fat 61 (13%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 69g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.