Molasses Roasted Tenderloin with Minted Mango Relish
Classic autumn flavors of cranberries and molasses marry perfectly with the surprising freshness of mangoes and mint.
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs molasses
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Minted Mango Relish1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbs dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper, crushed
- In heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except Relish; seal bag and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade and place in shallow roasting pan. Discard marinade. Roast pork in a 450° F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until internal temperature reads 160° F. Remove pork from oven; let rest for 5 minutes before slicing to serve with Minted Mango Relish.
- Minted Mango RelishIn small bowl, stir together diced mango, mint, cranberries, rice vinegar and 1 crushed red pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice tossed with cashews and steamed asparagus.
Cooking Tip: For marinated pork chops, put pork in a self-sealing bag with marinade in the refrigerator first thing in the morning. By suppertime, pork chops can be removed from marinade and ready to grill.
Calories from Fat 37 (18%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.