Mini Steak Tacos with Spicy Pico De Gallo
- 1-1/2 pounds beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks
- 12 flour tortillas (5-inch diameter)
- Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Marinade:1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Spicy Pico De Gallo1 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared hot picante sauce or salsa
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Cut beef steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips; set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef.
- Evenly divide beef strips over tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe below) and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Spicy Pico De GalloCombine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper in large bowl. Sir in picante sauce and lime juice. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to let flavors blend.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12 and zinc, and a good source of niacin, vitamin B6 and iron.
Calories from Fat 316 (40%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(78%)Saturated Fat 16g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrate 67g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.