Mini Crab Quiche
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Frozen winter squash, sliced bread, crab, eggs, and cheese are stuffed into muffin tins to create quick quiches.
- 3 slices 100% whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 10 ounce box frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup preshredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crabmeat (about 6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the bread cubes evenly among the muffin cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, squash, and two cheeses. Stir in the crab. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, pour the egg mixture into each of the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, about 22 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 134 (45%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(36%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.