Mini Chèvre Cheesecakes with Pears in Lavender Honey
These mini cheesecakes are the perfect dessert for any gathering or Sunday brunch.
- Pears in Lavender Honey1 cup mild honey
- 1 Tbs dried lavender buds (2 tablespoons fresh buds) OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled, chopped ( 1/2-inch) firm, ripe USA Pears
- Mini Cheesecakes3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 11 oz cream cheese (one 8-ounce package and one 3-ounce package) at room temperature
- 6 oz soft, fresh goat cheese (chèvre), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 18 fresh raspberries or lavender sprigs, for garnish
- PearsIn small saucepan, combine honey and lavender. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside to steep 30 minutes. Strain honey into heatproof bowl. Discard lavender. Return honey to saucepan and add pears. Stir over medium-high heat until honey comes to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer gently 1 to 2 minutes. (Cook just enough to infuse pears with flavor-they should retain their shape.) Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill pears in syrup. Can be prepared up to 2 days before serving.
- Cheesecakes Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 (2 ¾-inch) muffin cups with paper cups. In medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, 2 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Spoon mixture evenly in bottoms of cups (about 1 tablespoon in each) and pat down to an even layer.
- Bake 4 to 6 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place cream cheese, goat cheese, ½ cup sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl once or twice. Add eggs, one at a time, and process 5 to 10 seconds to blend well. Spoon filling into muffin cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until almost set in center. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove cheesecakes from pan to covered container and chill 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- To serve, drain pears, reserving syrup. Top each cheesecake with about 1 tablespoon pears and drizzle with about ½ teaspoon syrup. Garnish each with a fresh raspberry or fresh lavender sprig, if desired.
Calories from Fat 108 (48%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.