Mini Breakfast Pita Pizzas
Individual breakfast pizzas provide a quick and fun start to the day. Enjoy this new take on sausage and eggs.
- 8 oz turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 6-inch whole wheat pita breads
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off drippings; return to heat.
- Pour eggs over sausage in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 Tbs pizza sauce on each pita bread; place on baking sheet. Top with eggs and cheese, dividing evenly. Bake in 450°F oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Calories from Fat 147 (33%)
(25%)Total Fat 17g
(29%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.