Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs
Hummus and traditional Middle Eastern seasoning give this dish enticing flavor.
- 1 1/4 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbs prepared hummus
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into 24 (1 1/2-inch) pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 24 (1-inch) chunks
- 24 olives, whole, pitted
- Whisk together 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup parsley and hummus in a small mixing bowl. Cover, refrigerate and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining yogurt and parsley with the garlic, turmeric and cumin. Toss chicken into mixture until evenly coated. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble kebabs by threading 8 (12-inch) skewers with three olives, three red onion chunks and three pieces of chicken in an alternating pattern. Season assembled skewers with salt and grill over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until cooked through, turning to brown evenly on each side. Transfer cooked skewers to serving plates accompanied with approximately 1/4 cup of yogurt hummus dipping sauce.
Calories from Fat 85 (29%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.