Taco seasoning brings zesty appeal to a hearty breakfast contained in hash brown cups.
- 2 cups shredded refrigerated or defrosted frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Mexican or taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine potatoes and cheese in medium bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning; toss to mix.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased, 1-cup ramekins or custard cups; press against bottoms and halfway up sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven 10 minutes. Break and slip an egg into each potato nest. Bake until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10–15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Calories from Fat 201 (58%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(54%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.