A nonstick pan is the key to producing perfect omelets with no stress. Try this Mediterranean version for brunch, or pair it with salad and garlic bread for a light, easy supper. For best results, make sure that all filling ingredients are at room tempera
- 3 Horizon Organic® large eggs
- 1 Tbs Horizon Organic® whole milk
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 Tbs coarsely chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
- 2 Tbs coarsely chopped canned artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs, milk, and garlic salt in a bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined. Place an 8-inch nonstick skillet over a medium flame and allow to preheat until very hot to the touch. Pour the eggs into the hot skillet and cook, stirring gently, until the mixture resembles very loose scrambled eggs. Use a spoon or spatula to gently spread the partially cooked eggs into an even layer in the pan. Immediately sprinkle on the feta, then top with the spinach, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the omelet to cook undisturbed for another minute or two, until the surface of the eggs is no longer runny. Fold the eggs over to complete the omelet, and serve.
Calories from Fat 100 (60%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.