A quick and simple margherita pizza recipe.
- Dough for one pizza
- 1 28-ounce (795-g) can peeled tomato, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb mozzarella*, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Lightly oil 17-inch (43-cm) pizza pan. Spread the dough onto the pizza pan and top with half of the peeled tomatoes. Add garlic and basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes; then slide the pizza off the pan onto an oven rack and bake 5 minutes.
- Slide the pizza back to the pizza pan and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts (3 to 5 minutes).
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 156 (41%)
(27%)Total Fat 18g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.