Maple Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
Here is every weeknight cook's dream: a dinner complete from the oven!
- 2-3 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 2/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 3 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbs cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb carrots, pared and quartered lengthwise*
- 4-6 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- *other favorite vegetables can be substituted: brussel sprouts, winter squash wedges, sweet potatoes.
- Stir together maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over pork roast and place in a shallow roasting pan, surrounded by carrots and potatoes. Roast in a 350° F oven about 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) until vegetables are tender and until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150° F. Remove roast from oven; let rest until temperature reaches 160° F, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; slice roast to serve with vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve along with a salad.
Note: Leftover roast, thinly sliced, makes great sandwiches for tomorrow's lunches.
Calories from Fat 77 (23%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.