Make-it-Easy Beef Pot Pie
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 small can (4-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk-flavor biscuits
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Combine mushrooms, onion, 1/4 cup water and garlic in same skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in gravy, vegetables and thyme; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in beef.
- Cut biscuits in half; arrange in a ring on top of beef mixture. Bake in 400°F oven 12 to 14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 116 (28%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(17%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.