Make-Ahead Moroccan Chicken
This spiced one-pot meal will fill your kitchen with the scents of Morocco. Freezes well for quick weekday lunches.
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger, minced
- 2 med carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 5 cups water
- 2 med zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- In large, non-stick soup pot, heat olive oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, tumeric, and water. Bring to simmer, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in large bowls over couscous.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 60 (19%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(29%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.