Low-Fat Creamy Mashed Potatoes
The chef reveals her secret weapon for making creamy mashed potatoes without all the butter and cream.
- 6 Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs salted butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 Tbs fat-free sour cream
- 1-2 Tbs skim milk
- Fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add cubed potatoes and cover. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Combine potatoes with butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and milk. Mash until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
Calories from Fat 20 (10%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.