Light Pasta Salad with Smoked Albacore
Smoked albacore gives pizzazz to this easy pasta salad. Perfect for potlucks.
- 3/4 pound smoked Pacific albacore
- 8 ounces dry rotini (corkscrew-shaped pasta, or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned blanched green beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Dressing3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed
- Break smoked albacore into small bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Toss together pasta, peppers, beans, onions, smoked albacore, and dressing.
- If possible, allow salad to stand for several hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator to allow flavors to meld together. Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Nutrition Note: This pasta salad with smoked albacore recipe is loaded with protein and heart-and brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Calories from Fat 106 (25%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.