Lemon-Oregano Flat Bread
Roast a little bit of garlic in olive oil to make your own garlic-infused oil for this recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 Tbs granulated sugar
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbs roasted garlic-infused olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside for about 5 minutes, until it starts to appear foamy.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and flour. Knead by hand or with a dough hook on an electric mixer until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add the roasted garlic infused olive oil and continue to knead until the oil has been completely incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for at least one hour.
- Separate the dough into several 2-inch-wide balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball out into a 6-inch circle. Remove as much access flour as possible as it will burn in your frying pan.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Place one circle of dough in the pan and cook until it starts to puff and air bubbles begin to form on the inside. Flip the flat bread and cook for another minute. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Serve flat bread with tzatziki, hummus, or alongside a couscous salad.
Calories from Fat 31 (17%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.