Lemon Garlic Chicken
One-pot meals like this lemony-garlic chicken with rice and vegetables make for a simple weeknight meal.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- Melt margarine in large non-stick skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until light brown. Add garlic and cook briefly.
- Add water, uncooked rice, bouillon cubes, and juice from one lemon half. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower; continue cooking 5 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Cut remaining lemon half into slices and use for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 60 (18%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.