Lemon Blueberry Bliss
Is it parfait or pudding? More sweet? More tart? All questions will melt from your mind in one heavenly bite.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 large eggs (yolks and white)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbs finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups cooked medium grain rice
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine sugar, eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon zest in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until thick and creamy (8 to 10 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and rice. Cool. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Alternate layers of blueberries and rice pudding in parfait glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and blueberries.
Calories from Fat 160 (44%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.