Lamb and Spaghetti Primavera
Earthy lamb meatballs are a perfect pairing with a simple spaghetti and tomato sauce.
- 1/2 pound ground American Lamb
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguine, cooked and kept warm
- Shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine lamb, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; mix well. Form in 24, 3/4-inch balls.
- Meanwhile, heat spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan with cover. Add meatballs to sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and zucchini; cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle meatballs and sauce over pasta. Serve with shredded cheese.
Cooking Lamb: Lamb should be juicy and tender when cooked. Tender lamb cuts can be prepared using dry heat - roasting, broiling, grilling, pan-broiling and pan-frying. Less tender cuts are best prepared using moist heat - braising and stewing.
Calories from Fat 142 (33%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(33%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.