Lamb and Berry Salad with Avocados
Fresh berries, ripe avocados, and toasted pecans surround braised lamb for a perfect meal on a hot summer's eve.
- 1 lb boneless American lamb shoulder, trimmed of visible fat and cut into pieces of equal thickness
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/3 cup prepared dressing
- Creamy feta cheese and 16 slices of baguette for garnish
- In large skillet with cover, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Add 2 cups water. Cover and braise over low heat for 1 hour. Cool in liquid. Remove from liquid. Refrigerate or freeze remaining liquid for use in stock for soup. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces, removing all fat; set aside.
- In salad bowl, combine greens, berries, pecans, and avocado; set aside. Mix lamb with salad dressing. Toss with salad.
- For garnish, spread feta cheese on slices of baguette and brown under broiler.
- Serve salad on plates and garnish with two slices of baguette.
Calories from Fat 238 (72%)
(42%)Total Fat 27g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.