Killer Mango Salsa
This recipe is a "killer." We use it for salmon, but it would be as good with chicken. It can be made a day in advance since it is best served chilled.
- 1 Bermuda onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 firm, ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, peppers, tomatoes, and mangoes. Stir the sugar into the lemon juice and pour over the salsa; stir to combine. Add the cilantro and gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Copyright © 2005 by Evelyn H. Lauder
Calories from Fat 6 (5%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(1%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(17%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.