Jerked Chicken and Plantain Kebabs with Papaya Avocado Salsa
Jamaican jerk seasoning is generally a mixture of chile, thyme, spices, garlic, and onions that produces aromatic results.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 ripe plantains, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2-inch chunks; 1 chunk minced
- 2 Tbs jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salsa2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill, or preheat broiler.
- To make salsa, stir together all salsa ingredients, plus minced red onion. Set aside.
- Rub chicken, plantains and chunks of red onion with jerk seasoning and cumin and thread onto 8 long skewers. Place on grill or under broiler and cook, turning once, about 6 minutes per side or until chicken is firm and cooked throughout and plantains and onions are tender.
- Serve skewers with salsa and rice.
Calories from Fat 373 (55%)
(65%)Total Fat 43g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrate 42g
(36%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.