Italian Cupboard Soup
This hearty soup offers comforting nourishment on a chilly evening.
- 2 boneless top loin pork chops, cubed
- 1 15-ounce can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14-1/2-ounce cans chicken broth
- 2 Tbs dried minced onion
- 1 15-ouncec can cannellini or great Northern beans, drained
- 8 oz fresh spinach leaves, torn
- In a deep saucepan, brown the pork in a little oil. Add all ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minute. Stir in torn spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Top servings with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 22 (5%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 67g
(71%)Dietary Fiber 18g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.