Indonesian Noodles with Pork Loin
This mildly spicy pork and noodle dish is a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and drained vermicelli or angel hair pasta (broken into thirds before cooking)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan. Pour remaining oil into wok. Add cabbage, celery and green onions; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce and pasta. Return meat mixture to wok; stir to combine and heat through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 68 (22%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.