Indian-Style Scrambled Eggs
Serve with warm Indian flat bread or whole wheat tortillas.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced jalapeño (or serrano pepper)
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, ginger, and cumin; stir fry until onion is just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato and jalapeño pepper; stir fry 2 minutes longer.
- Beat eggs, cilantro, and salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
Calories from Fat 40 (51%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.