Honeydew Bubble Tea
This Taiwanese tapioca treat is a cross between refreshing tea and a tasty dessert.
- 1 cup black tapioca pearls
- 2 green tea bags
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 1 cup milk or plain soy milk
- Agave syrup to taste
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water to a boil. Add tapioca pearls and boil until plump; about 5 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to medium; simmer for 5 minutes. Drain tapioca pearls and set aside.
- In the meantime, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and steep two bags of green tea. Place in the refrigerator until cool.
- Peel and seed half a honeydew melon and chop into bite-sized pieces. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Refrigerate until cool.
- When tea and puree are cold, combine in a large jug. Add milk and sweeten to taste.
- To serve place 2 to 3 tablespoons of tapioca pearls in a glass and top with honeydew tea. Drink with an extra large straw.
Calories from Fat 7 (3%)
(1%)Total Fat 1g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 49g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.