Honey Pork Tenderloin Kabobs
Bourbon and honey enhance the sweetness of these pork and peach kabobs.
- 1/2 cup bourbon (bourbon is optional, can substitute 2 tablespoons cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 3-4 sweet potatoes cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 1- 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 4 medium ripe unpeeled peaches, pitted and quartered
- 4 green peppers, each cut into 8 two-inch pieces
- Olive oil for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set aside. Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender. Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, and 4 onion pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers. Brush kabobs with honey mixture. Lightly oil grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 120 (29%)
(21%)Total Fat 13g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.