Hamachi, Strawberry, and Yuzu Ceviche
Ceviche lovers everywhere will be impressed with the fresh, bold and aromatic flavors in this healthful appetizer.
- 1 lb hamachi (yellowtail), cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 Tbs yuzu juice
- 1/4 cup lychee juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (seed if desired)
- 10 cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- olio agrumato (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In a nonreactive bowl, marinate hamachi in lime juice for 15 minutes, refrigerated. Stir in yuzu juice and lychee juice; refrigerate 15 minutes more or until the fish is slightly opaque and the texture somewhere between sashimi and cooked fish.
- Mix in red pepper, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and strawberries; season with salt and pepper. To serve, mound ceviche in the center of a shallow bowl or plate; if desired, drizzle with olio agrumato. Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories from Fat 54 (26%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.