Guilt-Free, Healthy Seven-Layer Bean Dip
A few easy swaps and you’ll get a dip that’s full of flavor, but healthy enough to be a one-dish meal.
- 1 15-oz can of refried black beans, made with all-natural ingredients with no oil, sugar, etc. added (instead of the processed refried beans usually used)
- 2 Mashed avocados (instead of avocado "dip")
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 cup low-fat Mexican Cheese blend
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, diced
- Warm up refried beans in a small pot over medium heat. Add in taco seasoning to taste. Once all combined, set aside to cool.
- Peel, pit, mash avocados in a small bowl – add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Combine yogurt and taco seasoning mix in another bowl.
- Cut corn tortillas into eighths and spread on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray, season with salt, and broil at 350° on low until the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
- To assemble:Spread refried beans on a large, shallow serving platter.
- Spread avocado mixture over bean dip.
- Spread yogurt mixture over bean dip.
- Sprinkle with green onions and tomatoes.
- Cover with grated low-fat Mexican cheese.
- Serve with homemade corn chips!
Calories from Fat 64 (42%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(25%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.