Any firm white fish such as halibut or orange roughy will work in this recipe.
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks, (four steaks)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, whole, chopped (or equal amount fresh parsley)
- Wash swordfish steaks, pat dry with a paper towel and place inside a large zip-lock plastic bag (or covered dish).
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, water, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and cilantro (or parsley).
- Pour lemon marinade over swordfish and seal bag (or cover dish). Place in refrigerator. Marinate fish at least one hour, turn the bag occasionally so marinade covers fish. Marinate up to 12 hours.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat) and oil the rack so fish will not stick. Place the fish on the hot grill and cook 4–5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 116 (37%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.