Grilled Steak Tacos with Poblano-Mango Salsa
The mild heat of poblano peppers and the subtle sweetness of mango create an unforgettable pairing.
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 med poblano peppers, sliced
- 1 med onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 med mango, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges (optional)
- Place peppers and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals (over medium heat on pre-heated gas grill).
- Grill, covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender and pepper skins are blackened, turning occasionally. Place peppers in food-safe plastic bag; close bag. Set peppers and onion aside.
- Meanwhile combine garlic and cumin; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on pre-heated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Remove and discard skins, stems and seeds from peppers when cool enough to handle. Chop peppers and onion. Combine chopped vegetables, mango, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on grid. Grill, uncovered for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with additional salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and mango salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, if desired.
Calories from Fat 161 (43%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.