Grilled Shrimp and Roasted Pear Salad
Cranberries, cashews, and pears complement the sweetness of the grilled shrimp.
- 16 jumbo (U/15) shrimp
- 2 whole fresh pears of you choice, cut in 1/2 (core and stem removed)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz dried cranberries
- 2 oz candied cashews
- 12 oz mixed baby greens
- 5 oz balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 oz croutons made with cinnamon and raisin bread
- Mix 1 ounce balsamic vinegar with Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon oil and coat shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, grill 1 1/2 minutes per side until done, then keep warm.
- Toss pears with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in 450° F oven for 14 minutes and allow to cool.
- Mix remaining balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl and toss in mixed greens and gently coat, add croutons, cranberries and cashews.
- To serve: Divide greens onto 4 plates, arrange 4 grilled shrimp per plate and top with a sliced roasted pear half and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 143 (39%)
(27%)Total Fat 17g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 51g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.