Bitter radicchio mellows as it cooks with a garlicky marinade, but it keeps its distinctive bite. Delicious with grilled fish or marinated, grilled tofu. It also works a first course for a fancy meal.
- 2 whole heads of radicchio
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Cut radicchio heads into quarters, and place in a shallow dish.
- Place remaining ingredients (except for basil for garnish) into a small dish. Pour over radicchio quarters. Marinate for 15–30 minutes.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- Place each quarter of radicchio on grill and cook, turning with tongs. The radicchio will wilt somewhat, and turn brown at the edges.
- Remove from heat and pour remaining marinade over the wilted and slightly browned radicchio. Arrange basil leaves in an attractive pattern around the radicchio.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 159 (95%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.